What are the other necessary documents involved in applying for a Permit for R&D to allow me to conduct research in Sarawak?

Apart from the comprehensive research proposal, valid travel documents (e.g. passport) are very important. Your passport should be valid at least for one year to avoid any problems in applying for the Professional Pass from Immigration Department (Sarawak) and in seeking security clearance from the Police.

Non-Sarawakian and foreigner will need to apply for Professional Pass from Immigration Department (Sarawak) on their own. Security clearance will be processed by Economic Planning Unit Sarawak.


For more information, please contact us via the following details:

KM20, Jalan Borneo Heights, Semengoh, 93250 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.

Further Info

Online Services

Terms of Use

Useful Links