The Sarawak Biodiversity Centre is a Sarawak State Statutory Agency under the Ministry of Education, Innovation and Talent Development (MEITD). Its Council Members who provide policy advice and directions are appointed by the State Cabinet. The Council comprises of:
- the Chairman who is the State Secretary of Sarawak,
- the Deputy Chairman who is the Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Education, Innovation and Talent Development, Sarawak
- the State Attorney General
- the State Financial Secretary
- the Deputy State Secretary for Human Resource
- the Directors of the Forest and Agriculture Departments
- the Controller of the Natural Resources and Environment board; and
- the Chief Executive Officer of the SBC
The Centre, overseen by its CEO is powered by the following:
- The Corporate Affairs comprises of the Administrative & Assets Unit, the Regulatory and Quality Assurance Unit, Human Resource Unit, the Corporate Communications Unit and the Finance Unit.
- The R&D arm is made up of – extraction, molecular biology, microbiology, analytical chemistry, plant tissue culture and bioinformatics.