- Do apply for research application via SORAS at least 1 month before any R&D is expected to be started.
- Do submit a comprehensive research proposal especially the methodology / work process. A comprehensive proposal submitted will help to fasten up the process of approval.
- Do comply with the terms and condition of the permits and submit yearly progress report, final report or thesis including samples (when required) to SBC.
- Do submit manuscript for review by SBC before publishing any.
- Do not collect any biological resources for R&D before any approval from the Sarawak Biodiversity Council.
- Do not enter National Park/Totally Protected Areas/Nature Reserves Area without any consent/approval form the Sarawak Forestry Corporation.
- Do not export any biological resources from Sarawak for the purpose of R&D without any approval from the Sarawak Biodiversity Council.
- Do not enter any village and collect biological resources for the purpose of R&D without the consent from the indigenous community. A researcher must seek for their consent for the purpose through Prior Informed Consent (PIC) form.
- Do not transfer any research materials to any 3rd party without approval from the Sarawak Biodiversity Council. A researcher must oblige to the terms and conditions of the R&D Permit.
More detailed information regarding doing research in Sarawak can be found at below hyperlinks: