- Last Updated: Tuesday, 11 November 2014 12:14
- Published: Monday, 06 August 2012 16:20
- Hits: 5180
The Sarawak Biodiversity Centre is a Sarawak State Statutory Agency under the Ministry of Resource Planning and Environment. Its Council Members who provide policy advice and directions are appointed by the State Cabinet. The Council comprises of:
- the Chairman who is the State Secretary of Sarawak,
- the Deputy Chairman who is the Permanent Secretary to the Ministry of Planning and Resource Management, Sarawak
- the State Attorney General
- the State Financial Secretary
- the Deputy State Secretary for Human Resource
- the Directors of the Forest and Agriculture Departments
- the Controller of the Natural Resources and Environment board; and
- the Chief Executive Officer of the SBC
The Centre, overseen by its CEO is powered by the following:
- The Corporate Affairs that comprises of the Administrative, Human Resource and Finance Units, the Regulatory and Quality Assurance unit, the Traditional Knowledge Documentation Programme and the Corporate Communications Unit.
- The R&D arm that is made up of six main laboratories –extraction, molecular biology, microbiology, analytical chemistry, plant tissue culture and bioinformatics.